Department: Technical centre
Location: Winnersh, Berkshire
Closing Date: 20/05/2022
Based in our Technical centre in Winnersh Berkshire
Highly competitive salary with an excellent Benefits package
Hybrid working option.
Pyronix is a world-leading manufacturer of electronic security equipment for use in residential, commercial and industrial applications in the intruder alarm market. We design a wide range of multi-award-winning wired and wireless intruder alarm solutions, utilising market-leading technologies developed exclusively by our in-house R&D team. We are seeking to recruit a test engineer to work within our Research and Development function providing a key service as part of the new- product lifecycle.
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible Automation Software Engineer to work as part of a growing multi-disciplinary team at developing innovative products and technologies for the global security industry.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop setup and maintain an automated test environment that tests the functionality of panel software as defined by the requirements.
Key aspects of the role
- To Design and maintain an automated test environment that will fully test software from component to system level, this involves the integration of component, system, soak and stress tests into an automated regression test system.
- Identify new test cases and implement as required.
- Maintenance of the automatic test system.
- Provide and maintain full technical documentation on the test environment.
- Create a test system that provides a high degree of confidence in the quality of the code under test.
- Create test reports for example code coverage, percentage passed, stack usage, results from static code analysis tools.
- Identify the relevant standards relating to safety, functionality and performance and ensure the max coverage is obtain by automated testing.
- Ensure new code and updated code is fully integrated in the test environment and tested with no regressions.
- When required participate in code and design reviews and provide guidance from a testing point of view.
- Experience for setting up a new automated software test system
- Unit and system test execution for embedded products
- Ability to work closely with software developers to quickly understand the Software architecture and produce a testing strategy and test plan
- Scripting languages Python/Perl/Shell or similar
- Automatic build systems, Team City team or Jenkins
- Unit testing frameworks, Gtest, cpptest or similar
- Static code analysis tools, Klocwork, pc-lint or similar
- Code coverage tools
- Source code control systems (Git or similar)
- Proven experience in the full development life cycle of high volume electronic products
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Good spoken and written English skills
- TCP and UDP communications
Are you the next member of the team?
Pyronix is a growing business, driven through technological excellence. The team are highly motivated and dedicated to ensure our products surpass the demands of the customer at every level. If you have experience and qualifications in the areas above, with the ability to work as part of a team, with focused and individual skill-sets, then we want to hear from you.
You can expect to be rewarded, supported and valued at all stages of your Pyronix journey. Be the next member of our Market- leading team!
Looking forward to receiving your details to Steve Mckiernan (Talent Partner) firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 07867 155562 for an informal discussion.
Any unsolicited submissions from recruiters will be considered a gift