Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement 2020
Pyronix is committed to maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards. We continually strive to maintain effective business controls as well as robust compliance programs designed to detect and prevent violations of applicable laws, including laws regarding slavery, human trafficking and forced or compulsory labour. Local policies and practices are reviewed and audited against corporate guidelines. Consequently, Pyronix’ compliance program evolves to meet changing regulations.
Pyronix is a world-leading manufacturer of electronic security equipment for use in residential, commercial and industrial applications in the intruder alarm market. Primarily UK based, Pyronix designs a wide range of multi-award-winning wired and wireless intruder alarm solutions, utilising market-leading technologies developed exclusively by our in-house R&D team.
Our Supply Chain
Pyronix’s supply chain incorporates over 100 suppliers across the globe with a number of long standing relationships both across the UK and internationally. We expect our suppliers to demonstrate that they are taking sufficient steps to ensure that they achieve high ethical standards throughout their business operations.
Our Policy on Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery
At Pyronix, we are committed to ensuring that there is no slavery, servitude, forced or compulsory labour or human trafficking in our supply chain or in any part of our business.
We expect our suppliers to demonstrate that they are taking sufficient steps to ensure that that they achieve high ethical standards throughout their business operations. These include:-
- Suppliers are not to use slave labour, illegal child labour or forced labour.
- Suppliers will ensure that the overall terms of employment are voluntary.
- Suppliers shall follow all local applicable laws pertaining to minimum age requirements, wages, overtime and benefits.
- Suppliers shall follow all local applicable laws pertaining to the number of hours worked in a seven day week.
- Suppliers will periodically certify that they conform to the expectations described above and that all materials incorporated into their products comply with the laws regarding modern slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
Suppliers must be able to demonstrate compliance with this policy at the request and satisfaction of Pyronix. Pyronix reserves the right to conduct internal verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of modern slavery and human trafficking. These audits are conducted by both Pyronix and external international auditing partners.
Support to our Suppliers
Pyronix has committed to working alongside suppliers who need support and guidance to achieve and maintain the standards required. This support includes the creation of detailed plans to address areas of concern within a strict timeframe and the sharing of strategies that facilitate continued improvement across all areas of concern. Progress on these plans will be monitored and recorded in order to create a continuous record of improvement that will be shared on the Pyronix website.
This policy has been agreed and ratified by senior members of the management team within Pyronix Limited.
28 July 2020